And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matthew 24:14)
CALLING AND SURRENDER
"Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Revelation 2:10)
The missionary of the gospel of
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." (Romans 12:1)
SURRENDERING COMPLETELY TO GOD'S
· Have you placed your own will underneath God's sovereign will so that you are ready to joy and delight in His will for your life?
· Do you trust in God so that you bless the wisdom of His will that directs the every detail of your life, even when His will leads you in ways that seem to be contrary to human reason or your own physical and emotional desires?
· Do you love God's will for your life as He reveals it objectively in the Holy Bible, so that you desire, out of loving-obedience, to live holy, in and through Christ Jesus your Saviour?
2. COUNTING AND DEFYING THE COST
· Have you considered the hardships, trials, and persecutions that you are sure to meet with in the path of loving-obedience to your Saviour?
· Do you esteem these trials and reproaches for
· Is your heart wholly set on serving Christ and do you hate every temptation of looking back to the passing pleasures of sin which are but for a season?
GIVING ONESELF WHOLLY TO
Is your heart fully satisfied with
Is it love for
Do you love
· Have you given yourself completely away unto Christ so that you are no more your own but belong entirely unto your faithful Saviour who has so abundantly loved you and bought you for Himself through His own blood?
· Have you put Christ over against every sin in the balance of your heart, and when asked to choose between Christ and every sin, have you by the grace of the Holy Spirit joyfully chosen Christ and forsaken every sin?
4. LOOKING FOR AND EXPECTING GOD TO SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEEDS
· Have you placed all your earthly needs into the hands of your gracious, heavenly Father, and do you trust in Him to supply you and your family with all things necessary for both soul and body, in this life and the one to come?
· Are you confident in the providential care of God that He will protect, guide, and keep you and your loved ones through every spiritual and physical danger, in accordance to His gracious will?
· Do you purpose to give yourself completely to God's service with all diligence, knowing that the faithful workman is worthy of his hire from his gracious Lord and Master, who with glory does clothe the lilies of the field and abundantly satisfies the fowls of the air?
TAKING UP THE CROSS AND FOLLOWING
Are you ready to follow
Have you taken up the cross and are you ready to follow
Is your love to
EARNESTLY DESIRING AND EXPECTING THE COMING OF
Do you with expectation long for the hour when
Besides the glory of God in your own salvation, is it your greatest joy to be the means in God's hand for pointing and leading sinners to the
· Do you purpose and love the glory of
· Are you fully aware of your own insufficiency and inability in bringing one sinner to Christ, but in dependency on the sovereign, gracious workings of the Holy Spirit, do you with great expectation trust in God to abundantly bless the preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ, according to His own faithful promise?
OVERCOMING THROUGH THE SPIRIT AND BLOOD OF
Do you overcome the power of sin,
· Have you been plunged to victory beneath the blood of
Do you expect and already apprehend the glorious victory of
8. BEING FAITHFUL UNTO DEATH
Have you committed your spirit into your heavenly Father's hands, so that if it is according to His will, you are ready to suffer and to die for the sake of
· Do you value the service to
· If Christ so calls you, are you ready and willing to lose all for His sake and the sake of the gospel?
· Have you trusted your life completely into your heavenly Father's gracious and protecting hands so that you can sweetly sing with
"Plagues and death around me fly;
Note: The resolve and desire of all of these graces should be in the hearts of all missionaries of the gospel of
A few hymns regarding devotion to God:
LECTURES TO MY STUDENTS by
The Minister's Self-Watch
Are you looking for a theological seminary that teaches from a Reformed and Puritan emphasis?
Learn more about Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary in
"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you."